Ishan Uday Scholarship 2022
Ishan Uday is a special scholarship scheme launched by the University Grants Commission (UGC) for the students of North Eastern Region (NER) to promote higher education and for encouraging children belonging to economically weaker section of the NE region.
Under Ishan Uday scholarship scheme, a total of 10,000 fresh scholarships are disbursed every year among NER students who are pursuing general degree courses, technical and professional courses, including medical and paramedical courses.
Ishan Uday Scholarship Details
|Name of scholarship||Ishan Uday Scholarship|
|Course/s||General degree courses, technical and professional courses, including medical and paramedical courses|
|Implementing body||University Grants Commission (UGC)|
|Scholarship amount||₹ 7,800 and ₹ 5,400 per month|
|Last date of submission of application||30th November 2022|
|Eligible state/s||Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Sikkim, Tripura|
|Helplines: Phone Number||0120-6619540|
Objective of Ishan Uday Scholarship:
➢ The objectives of the Ishan Uday Scholarship Scheme 2022 for North Eastern Region are:
- To provide equal opportunities for higher studies in NE Region.
- To increase the Gross Enrollment Ratio (GER) in NE Region.
- To focus more on professional education in NE Region.
- Optimum utilization of NER Budgetary Allocation.
➢ It is envisaged to provide ten thousand (10,000) fresh scholarships every year beginning from the academic year 2014-15 for general degree courses, technical and professional courses, including medical and para-medical courses.
Eligibility Criteria of Ishan Uday Scholarship:
➢ Type of Educational Institutes: Students with domicile of NER who have passed Class XII or equivalent exam from a school situated within NER through any recognized Board of Education, including Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), Indian Certificate of Secondary Education (ICSE), National institute of open Schooling (NIOS) within NER only, and have secured admission in general degree course, technical and professional courses including medical and paramedical courses (Integrated courses included) in Universities/Colleges/Institutions recognized as under
- A) Universities/Institutions/Colleges included under Section 2(f) and 12 (B) of UGC Act.
- B) Deemed to be Universities included under Section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956 and eligible to receive grants-in-aid from UGC.
- C) Universities/Institutions/Colleges funded by Central / State Government.
- D) Institutes of National Importance.
- E) Institutions recognized by other Statutory councils within as well as outside
Class: Only first year Under-graduate students are eligible to apply for the scholarship.
Course: For integrated degree courses the scholarship will be tenable for the complete duration of the course. For dual degree courses the scholarship shall be tenable for the first degree only. The university shall clarify it while recommending a candidate for scholarship.
Family Income: For availing scholarship under this scheme, the income of the parents of the student should not exceed ₹ 4.5 lakh per annum.
Reservation: Transgender candidates are eligible to apply under the scheme. The reservation shall be followed as per Government of India norms.
Exclusions: The following shall not be eligible under this scheme-
- Students pursuing courses/programs through Open Universities.
- Students already availing scholarship for pursuing the Undergraduate programme under any other scheme(s).
- Students gaining admission through ‘management quota’.
- Students pursuing courses, such as Diploma Courses, not leading to award of a Degree.
- Students whose parents’ income exceeds ₹ 4.5 lakh per annum.
Ishan Uday Scholarship Amount:
- An amount of ₹ 5400/- p.m. for General Degree courses and ₹ 7800/- p.m. for Technical & Professional courses (including Medical & Para medical courses) will be given through Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) to the beneficiary student.
Selection Process of Ishan Uday Scholarship:
➢ The selection process of Ishan Uday Scholarship Scheme is based on following factors –
- 10,000 (ten thousand) fresh scholarships will be awarded every year.
- Distribution of slots amongst the states of NER will be done on the basis of population census(last).
- If slots in a particular state remain vacant due to non-availability of eligible candidates, the unfilled slots will be distributed equitably amongst other states.
- Reservation for Persons with Disability (PwD) will be made as per Government of India norms.
How to Apply for Ishan Uday Scholarship?
➢ Candidates need to visit official national scholarship portal https://scholarships.gov.in for submission of online application this scholarship. One needs to follow below mentioned steps to apply online for this scholarship.
- 1st Step: Scroll down, go to Important Web Links section.
- 2nd Step: Click on Online Application link .
- 3rd Step: A new webpage will be opened.
- 4th Step: Click on “New Registration” link .
- 5th Step: Enter your details as required in the portal; and register yourself.
- 6th Step: After registration, enter all credentials and upload your documents as required in the portal.
- 7th Step: Finally click on “Submit” and take print out of your submitted application.
➢ The following documents will be uploaded at the time of applying under the scheme on the NeSP.
- Domicile certificate to be issued by the competent authority.
- Proof of annual income to be issued by the competent authority.
- For renewals, the annual progress report and continuation of studies will be required to be uploaded/ verified by the concerned University/ Institution/ College.
Important Dates of Ishan Uday Scholarship Scheme 2022:
|Starting date of submission of online application||26th July 2022|
|Last date of submission of online application||30th November 2022|
|Last date of Defective Verification||15th November 2022|
|Last date of Institute Level Verification||15th November 2022|
Important Web-Links of Ishan Uday Scholarship:Join Whatsapp Group
FAQs on Ishan Uday Scholarship Scheme:
|Q. Is the scheme open for all candidates enrolled in Indian Universities/ Colleges/ Institutes?|
|No. Only those candidates who have domicile of the North-Eastern states of India are covered under the schemes i.e. Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland and Tripura.|
|Q. Is there any annual income ceiling for candidates to be included under the scheme?|
|Yes, only those candidates whose annual family income is not equal or more than ₹ 4.5 lakh per annum are covered under ambit of the scheme.|
|Q. What is the last date for online application of Ishan Uday Scholarship?|
|The The last date for online application of Ishan Uday Scholarship is 30th November 2022.|
|Q. What is the minimum educational qualification for Ishan Uday Scholarship?|
|The minimum educational qualification for Ishan Uday Scholarship is 12th pass from any recognized board.|
|Q. Will the scholarship transferred in case the awardee changes the institution or course during the tenure of scholarship?|
|No. There is no provision for transfer of scholarship.|