NMMS Scholarship 2022
Directorate of Secondary Education, Assam has released the official notification of Centrally Sponsored “National Means-cum-Merit Scholarship (NMMS)” Scheme for the financial year 2022-23. NMMS Scholarships are awarded to the gifted or meritorious students studying as regular students in class IX, X, XI and XII in a Government, Government-aided and local body schools and whose parental income are not more than ₹ 1,50,000/- per annum.
Interested and Eligible candidates can apply online through National Scholarship Portal or may apply by visiting www.madhyamik.assam.gov.in.
NMMS Assam Scholarship Details
Name of scholarship: National Means-Cum-Merit Scholarship Scheme
Academic session: 2022-2023
Nodal agency: Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), GOI
Exam level: National Level
Class: Class VIII (8th Standard)
Application method: Online
Number of scholarship for Assam: 2411
Date of exam: 18th December 2022
Technical Help Line Number: 8929207668
|Assam Quota Seats||2411|
|Category||% age of Reservation|
Value of NMMS Scholarship Assam:
The amount of scholarship will be ₹ 12000/- per annum @ ₹ 1000 per month.
Eligibility Criteria of NMMS Scholarship:
➢ The minimum eligibility criteria to apply for NMMS Scholarship are as mentioned belowClass: Students of Class-VIII studying in Government, Local Body, and Govt. Aided are only eligible.
Class: Students of Class-VIII studying in Government, Local Body, and Govt. Aided are only eligible.
- Minimum of 55 % marks or equivalent grade in Class VII examination is needed for appearing NMMS examination(5% less for SC/ST students)
- The awardees should get minimum of 55% marks in Class IX and XI and 60% in Class X for continuance of scholarship (Relaxable by 5% for SC/ST candidates) in next higher classes.
Family Income: Scholarships are awarded to the gifted or meritorious students whose parental income is not more than Rs. 1,50,000/- per annum.
Type of School: Students studying as regular students in class IX, X, XI and XII in a Government, Government-aided and local body schools for a maximum period of four years.
Who can’t apply for NMMS Scholarship?
➢ Following category of students can’t apply for NMMS Scholarship:
- Students studying in private schools too appear in this scholarship exam; but they won’t be eligible for this scholarship.
- The students studying in “Kendriya Vidyalaya’ and “Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas” are not entitled to get this scholarship.
- Students studying in Residential Schools run by the State Government Institutions, where facilities like boarding, lodging and education are provided and students studying in private schools are also not eligible for the scholarship under this scheme.
Selection Process of NMMS Scholarship:
- A written examination of Multiple Choice Question (MCQ) will be held on 18th December 2022 for the selection of candidates under NMMS Scholarship Scheme.
- The question paper will be in both Assamese & English medium only. The OMR sheet will be in English medium.
- Previous 2 years’ question papers are available in the ‘Bidyarthi’ app at Google Play Store.
- Children with disability will be given extra time, as applicable.
- There are two papers: Mental Ability Test (MAT) and Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) .
|Question Paper||Subject||Total Marks|
|Paper-l||Mental Ability Test (MAT)||90 Marks|
|Paper-lI||Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT)||90 Marks|
For selecting the students, the following conditions may apply:
- The students must pass both the tests i.e. MAT and SAT with at least 40 % marks in aggregate taken together for these two tests. (For the SC/ST students, 32% marks)
- The student must have scored at least 55% mark or equivalent grade in Class VIII examination. (50% for SC/ST students).
NMMS Examination Fee 2022:
|UR/ OBC||₹ 200/-|
|SC/ ST||₹ 180/-|
|Payment Mode||Debit/Credit card, Internet Banking|
How to Apply for NMMS Assam Scholarship?
➢ The application process of National Means-cum-Merit Scholarship (NMMS) has been made ONLINE. Students have to download the ‘Bidyarthi’ app from the Play store of Android phone.
➢ Moreover, they can apply through Govt. of Assam official website www.madhyamik.assam.gov.in .
➢ Interested and eligible candidates may apply online for these scholarship by visiting Official NMMS Assam Scholarship Portal. Candidates may follow below mentioned steps to apply for NMMS Assam Scholarship.
- Step 1: Scroll down, go to Important Web-Links section .
- Step 2: Click on the “Online Application” and complete the registration process by clicking “Register Now”.
- Step 3: In the next stage, fill your all personal and educational details and upload necessary documents.
- Step 4: At the end, submit the form.
Documents to be Submitted with Online Application Form:
➢ Following documents are to be uploaded along with online application form :
- Scanned copy of Candidate’s Photograph.
- Scanned copy of Candidate’s Signature.
- Scanned copy of Candidate’s Caste certificate (Only for OBC, SC and ST candidates).
- Scanned copy of Candidate’s Disability certificate (Disabled candidates).
- Scanned copy of Declaration. Click here for Download Declaration
Important Dates of NMMS Assam Scholarship 2022:
- Starting date of submission of application form: 12th October 2022
- Last date of submission of application form: 27th November 2022
- Date of Examination: 18th December 2022
- Date of issue of E-admit Cards: To be updated later
Important Web-Links of NMMS Assam Scholarship:Join Whatsapp Group
|Online Application Form||Click Here|
|Official Notification||Click Here|
|Declaration Form||Click Here|
|Official Website||Click Here|