|Application Fee||₹ 200/-|
|Start Date||17th August 2023|
|Last Date||10th October 2023|
NMMS Scholarship 2023
Directorate of Secondary Education, Assam has released the official notification of Centrally Sponsored “National Means-cum-Merit Scholarship (NMMS)” Scheme for the financial year 2023-24. NMMS Scholarships are awarded to the gifted or meritorious students studying as regular students in class IX, X, XI and XII in a Government, Government-aided and local body schools and whose parental income are not more than ₹ 3,50,000/- per annum. The online applications can be submitted through the official website www.madhyamik.assam.gov.in or https://bidyarthi.co.in and through the ‘Bidyarthi’ Mobile App.
Table of Contents
- 1 NMMS Scholarship Details
- 2 Value of NMMS Scholarship Assam:
- 3 Eligibility Criteria of NMMS Scholarship:
- 4 Who can’t apply for NMMS Scholarship?
- 5 Selection Process of NMMS Scholarship:
- 6 For selecting the students, the following conditions may apply:
- 7 NMMS Examination Fee 2023
- 8 How to Apply for NMMS Scholarship?
- 9 Documents to be Submitted with Online Application Form:
- 10 Important Dates of NMMS Assam Scholarship 2023
- 11 Important Web-Links of NMMS Assam Scholarship:
- 12 FAQs of Assam NMMS Exam 2023
- 13 What is the starting date of the online application for the Assam NMMS Exam 2023?
- 14 What is the last date to apply online for Assam NMMS Exam 2023?
- 15 When will the admit cards for the Assam NMMS Exam be issued?
- 16 When will the Assam NMMS Exam be conducted?
NMMS Scholarship Details
Name of scholarship: National Means-Cum-Merit Scholarship Scheme
Academic session: 2023 – 2024
Nodal agency: Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), GOI
Exam level: National Level
Class: Class VIII (8th Standard)
Application method: Online
Number of scholarship for Assam: 2411
Date of exam: 18th November 2023
|Category||%age of Reservation|
Value of NMMS Scholarship Assam:
The amount of scholarship will be ₹ 12,000/- per annum @ ₹ 1000 per month.
Eligibility Criteria of NMMS Scholarship:
➢ The minimum eligibility criteria to apply for NMMS Scholarship are as mentioned belowClass: Students of Class-VIII studying in Government, Local Body, and Govt. Aided are only eligible.
Class: Students of Class-VIII studying in Government, Local Body, and Govt. Aided are only eligible.
- Minimum of 55 % marks or equivalent grade in Class VII examination is needed for appearing NMMS examination(5% less for SC/ST students)
- The awardees should get minimum of 55% marks in Class IX and XI and 60% in Class X for continuance of scholarship (Relaxable by 5% for SC/ST candidates) in next higher classes.
Family Income: Scholarships are awarded to the gifted or meritorious students whose parental income is not more than ₹ 3,50,000/- per annum.
Type of School: Students studying as regular students in class IX, X, XI and XII in a Government, Government-aided and local body schools for a maximum period of four years.
Who can’t apply for NMMS Scholarship?
➢ Following category of students can’t apply for NMMS Scholarship:
- Students studying in private schools too appear in this scholarship exam; but they won’t be eligible for this scholarship.
- The students studying in “Kendriya Vidyalaya’ and “Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas” are not entitled to get this scholarship.
- Students studying in Residential Schools run by the State Government Institutions, where facilities like boarding, lodging and education are provided and students studying in private schools are also not eligible for the scholarship under this scheme.
Selection Process of NMMS Scholarship:
- A written examination of Multiple Choice Question (MCQ) will be held on 18th December 2022 for the selection of candidates under NMMS Scholarship Scheme.
- The question paper will be in both Assamese & English medium only. The OMR sheet will be in English medium.
- Previous 2 years’ question papers are available in the ‘Bidyarthi’ app at Google Play Store.
- Children with disability will be given extra time, as applicable.
- There are two papers: Mental Ability Test (MAT) and Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) .
|Question Paper||Subject||Total Marks|
|Paper-l||Mental Ability Test (MAT)||90 Marks|
|Paper-lI||Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT)||90 Marks|
For selecting the students, the following conditions may apply:
- The students must pass both the tests i.e. MAT and SAT with at least 40 % marks in aggregate taken together for these two tests. (For the SC/ST students, 32% marks)
- The student must have scored at least 55% mark or equivalent grade in Class VIII examination. (50% for SC/ST students).
NMMS Examination Fee 2023
Candidates have to pay the examination fee to complete their online application process, the fee may vary according to the reservation category of the candidates. The complete details regarding the fee are given below.
|UR/ OBC||₹ 200/-|
|SC/ ST||₹ 180/-|
Payment Method: Candidates are able to pay their examination fee through the online payment gateway. Candidates should have any of the following options to make the payment – Debit Card, Credit Card, Net Banking or UPI.
How to Apply for NMMS Scholarship?
Interested and eligible candidates may apply online for these scholarship by visiting Official NMMS Assam Scholarship Portal. Candidates may follow below mentioned steps to apply for NMMS Assam Scholarship.
|➥ Scroll down, go to Important Web-Links section,|
|➥ Click on the “Online Application Form” and complete the registration process by clicking “Register Now”.|
|➥ In the next stage, fill your all personal and educational details and upload necessary documents.|
|➥ After completing all these steps, candidates must pay application fee as per their category.|
|➥ At the end, submit the form.|
Documents to be Submitted with Online Application Form:
➢ Following documents are to be uploaded along with online application form :
- Scanned copy of Candidate’s Photograph.
- Scanned copy of Candidate’s Signature.
- Scanned copy of Candidate’s Caste certificate (Only for OBC, SC and ST candidates).
- Scanned copy of Candidate’s Disability certificate (Disabled candidates).
- Scanned copy of Declaration. Click here for Download Declaration
Important Dates of NMMS Assam Scholarship 2023
|Starting date for submission of application form||17th August 2023|
|Last date for submission of application form||10th October 2023|
|Date of issue of E-admit Cards||1st November 2023|
|Date of Examination||18th November 2023|
Important Web-Links of NMMS Assam Scholarship:
|Online Application Form||Click Here|
|Official Notification||Click Here|
|Declaration Form||Click Here|
|Official Guidelines||Click Here|
|Official Website||Click Here|
FAQs of Assam NMMS Exam 2023
What is the starting date of the online application for the Assam NMMS Exam 2023?
➲ The starting date of the online application for the Assam NMMS Exam 2023 is 17th August 2023.
What is the last date to apply online for Assam NMMS Exam 2023?
➲ The last date to apply online for Assam NMMS Exam 2023 is 10th October 2023.
When will the admit cards for the Assam NMMS Exam be issued?
➲ The admit cards for the Assam NMMS Exam will be issued on 1st November 2023.
When will the Assam NMMS Exam be conducted?
➲ The Assam NMMS Exam will be conducted on 18th November 2023.