Table of Contents
- 1 Notification
- 2 IIHT Guwahati Admission 2021
- 3 IIHT Guwahati Admission Details
- 3.2 Eligibility Criteria of IIHT Guwahati Admission:
- 3.4 Reservation of Seats for IIHT Guwahati Admission:
- 3.6 Selection Process of IIHT Guwahati Admission:
- 3.8 How to apply for IIHT Guwahati Admission?
- 3.10 Important Dates of IIHT Guwahati Admission 2021:
- 3.12 Important Web links of IIHT Guwahati Admission:
IIHT Guwahati Admission 2021
Directorate of Handloom and Textiles, Assam 2021 has recently released the official admission notification 2021 for admission into 3 year Diploma Course in Handloom & Textile Technology at Indian Institute of Handloom Technology (IIHT), Guwahati. Interested and eligible candidates who want to pursue their career in handloom sector may apply for this course .
Indian Institute of Handloom Technology (IIHT), Guwahati was established in September 1982 in order to cater to the needs of seven sisters States of N.E. Region including Sikkim. The Institute is an ISO 9001-2008 Certified Institution and approved by AICTE.
IIHT Guwahati Admission Details
Name of institute:
- Indian Institute of Handloom Technology, Guwahati
Name of course:
- Diploma Course in Handloom & Textile Technology
Number of seats:
State-wise reservation of seats:
- Assam: 19
- Arunachal Pradesh: 4
- Manipur: 11
- Mizoram: 2
- Nagaland: 5
- Tripura: 9
- Sikkim: 3
Duration of course:
- 3 year
Eligibility Criteria of IIHT Guwahati Admission:
➢ Eligibility criteria for admission in to 3 year Diploma course under IIHT Guwahati is as follows –
- Candidates must have passed 10th standard or equivalent examination with English as a subject of study.
- The age limit for general candidate should be between 15 and 23 years and for SC/ST candidates, it should be between 15 and 25 years as on 16th July, 2020.
Reservation of Seats for IIHT Guwahati Admission:
- For reservation of seats for SC/ST candidate existing Govt. policy shall be applied.
- 20% of the total seats allocated to a reserved for candidates belong to Weavers’ Community (Profession).
- Shortfall will be met out from the candidates other than Weavers’ Community (Profession).
Selection Process of IIHT Guwahati Admission:
➢ The selection process for admission to 3 year Diploma course under IIHT Guwahati is based on following criteria:
- Aggregate of marks obtained in SSC (10th standard) or equivalent qualifying examination shall be the basis for determining the merit of a candidate.
- The panel of the selected candidates is required to be prepared on merit basis and as per prevailing reservation policy of the concerned State Government for SC/ST/OBC/MOBC candidates.
- While preparing the merit list, in the event of two candidates scoring identical marks in aggregate, the candidates who had scored more marks in the subjects of Science and Mathematics taken together will stand higher in the merit.
How to apply for IIHT Guwahati Admission?
- The application form will be also available in the Directorate website: dht.assam.gov.in.
- Application forms along with information regarding detailed conditions of Admission may be obtained from the office of the Director, Handloom and Textiles, Assam, Ambari, Guwahati-1 or from the office of the Asstt. Director/ Superintendent, Handloom and Textile of the respective District and Sub- Division.
- Duly filled up application in prescribed proforma along with supporting certificate/documents should reach in the following address on or before 16/08/2021 to The Director, Handloom and Textiles, Assam, Ambari, Guwahati-781001.
Important Dates of IIHT Guwahati Admission 2021:
- Starting date of submission of application: 03/08/2021
- Last date of submission of application: 16/08/2021