Table of Contents
- 1 Notification
- 2 CSIR–NEIST Jorhat Virtual Workshop 2021
- 3 CSIR–NEIST Jorhat Virtual Workshop Details
- 3.2 Eligibility Criteria:
- 3.4 How to Register for CSIR–NEIST Jorhat Workshop?
- 3.6 Important Dates of CSIR–NEIST Jorhat Workshop 2021:
- 3.8 Important Web-Links of CSIR–NEIST Jorhat IVWGST Workshop:
- 3.10 About CSIR–NEIST Jorhat:
CSIR–NEIST Jorhat Virtual Workshop 2021
The Geoscience & Technology Division (GSTD) of CSIR-NEIST, Jorhat (Govt of India) has released a notification regarding an International virtual workshop on “Global Seismology & Tectonics” (IVWGST-2021). The 1st IVWGST-2020 was conducted during September’ 2020, which was attended by more than 1000 thousand participants from 25 countries. This year, IVWGST-2021 shall be conducted during 20-30th September 2021, featuring resource persons from diverse forums as per the schedule mentioned below .
This workshop has basically targeting the undergraduate (UG), postgraduate (PG) and PhD students, besides academicians and scientists of geosciences and allied branches of science & engineering (Physics/ Geology/ Geophysics/ Seismology/ Environmental Science/ Geography/ Civil Engineering/ Earthquake Engineering etc).
CSIR–NEIST Jorhat Virtual Workshop Details
Name of workshop:
- International virtual workshop on “Global Seismology & Tectonics” (IVWGST-2021)
Name of organisation:
- Geoscience & Technology Division (GSTD), CSIR-NEIST, Jorhat
Date of workshop:
- 20-30th September 2021
Mode of workshop:
- Online via Microsoft Teams
- Physics, Geology, Geophysics, Seismology, Environmental Science, Geography, Civil Engineering, Earthquake Engineering etc
- Graduate/ Post Graduate Student, PhD Scholar, Scientist, Academician, Researcher, etc
- Undergraduate (UG), postgraduate (PG) and PhD students, besides academicians and scientists of geosciences and allied branches of science & engineering (Physics/ Geology/ Geophysics/ Seismology/ Environmental Science/ Geography/ Civil Engineering/ Earthquake Engineering etc) may register and participate in this virtual workshop.
How to Register for CSIR–NEIST Jorhat Workshop?
- Interested and eligible students, scholars, academicians and others may register for this workshop through online mode. The last date of registration is 20th August 2021.
- Interested participants are encouraged to submit an abstract of their research (however not mandatory), neatly written within a page, in Microsoft (MS) Word template (Title of the Paper, Full Name of Author(s), Affiliation with complete address, Abstract, Keywords) to the email address of the organizer, i.e. email@example.com, on or before 14th September 2021. The selected abstracts shall be published in the e-abstract volume of the workshop.
Important Dates of CSIR–NEIST Jorhat Workshop 2021:
- Starting date of online registration: 20/07/2021
- Last date of online registration: 20/08/2021
- Date of workshop: 20 to 30th September 2021
Important Web-Links of CSIR–NEIST Jorhat IVWGST Workshop:
- Online Registration : Click Here .
- Information Brochure : Click Here .
- Official Website : Click Here .
About CSIR–NEIST Jorhat:
- North East Institute of Science and Technology (NEIST), Jorhat, Assam, a constituent establishment of Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR), New Delhi, has been engaged in multidisciplinary R&D work relevant to the country in general and North East of India (NE India) in particular. The Geo Science & Technology Division (GSTD) of CSIR-NEIST has been involved in monitoring the seismicity of NE India since 1982. Seismic hazard and vulnerability assessment of the populated cities and urban areas in NE India and propagating seismic hazard awareness have been some of the major programs of the division apart from conducting geotechnical/ geophysical consultancy services.