National Talent Search Examination
Directorate of Secondary Education, Assam has released the official notification of State Level (Stage-I) of National Talent Search (NTS) Examination for the year 2021-2022. Interested students studying in Class-X can apply online for this examination.
National Talent Search scheme is a flagship activity of National Council of Educational Research & Training (NCERT). The purpose of the scheme is to identify the talented students and nurture their talent on the basis of examination conducted Scholarship will be awarded as per NCERT Rules.
NTSE Assam Details
Name of the exam:
- National Talent Search Examination (NTSE)
- National Level
- National Council of Educational Research & Training (NCERT)
Number of scholarship for Assam:
- 10th standard
|প্ৰতিদিনে চাকৰি খবৰৰ লগতে দৰকাৰী নোটচবোৰ পাবৰ বাবে আজিয়েই আমাৰ Whatsapp Group ত জইন হৈ লওক – Click Here|
Value of NTSE Assam Scholarship:
➢ The values of scholarship for National Talent Search (NTS) Examination are as given below:
|Class XI to XII||Rs 1250/- per month|
|UG & PG Course||Rs 2000/- per month|
|PhD Course||As per UGC Guidelines|
Eligibility Criteria of National Talent Search Examination:
- All students studying in Class X in any type of recognized school including Kendriya Vidyalaya, Navodaya Vidyalaya, and Sainik School etc. will be eligible to appear at the State Level Examination from the State in which the school is located. However, no domicile restriction shall be imposed.
Age Limit/ ODL:
- Students registered under Open and Distance Learning (ODL) are also eligible for scholarship provided the students are below the age of 18 years (as on 1st July of that particular year) the students is not employed and they are appearing in class X for the first time.
Selection Process of NTSE Assam Exam
➢ There will be two stages of selection process far the award of this scholarship.
- Stage-l (State Level), selection will be done by State /UTs and those who qualify Stage-I will be eligible to appear In the Stage-II (National Level) examination, conducted by NCERT.
- State level qualifying marks for candidates from General category is 40% in each paper and for candidates from SC, ST, PH is 32% in each paper.
- This is an OMR based examination. Each question shall carry one mark each in both the papers. There will be no negative marking in either of the tests.
|Question Paper||Subject||Total Marks|
|Paper-l||Mental Ability Test (MAT)||100 Marks|
|Paper-II||Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT)||100 Marks|
- Previous years’ question papers are also available in the ‘Bidyarthi’ app.
- There is no prescribed syllabus for the NTS examination. However, the standard of items shall be conforming to the level of Classes IX and X.
NTSE Assam Examination Fee 2021:
|UR/ OBC||Rs – 250/-|
|SC/ ST||Rs – 225/-|
|PWD/ EWS||Rs – 220/-|
|Payment Mode||Debit/Credit card, Internet Banking|
Medium of NTSE Exam:
- The tests will be available in the following languages: Asamiya, Bangla, English, Gujarati, Hindi, Kannada, Marathi, Malayalam, Odia, Punjabi, Tamil, Telugu and Urdu.
- The candidate has to mention his option regarding the language in which he/she want to take the test in the application form. Accordingly, the question booklet in that language shall be made available to the candidate at the centre. After exercising this option, no request for the change of medium will be entertained.
How to Apply for NTSE Assam Scholarship?
➢ The application process of National Talent Search (NTS) Examination has been made ONLINE. Students have to download the ‘Bidyarthi’ app from the Play store of Android phone.
➢Moreover, they can apply through Govt. of Assam official website www.madhyamik.assam.gov.in.
➢ Interested and eligible candidates may apply online for these scholarship by visiting Official NTSE Assam Scholarship Portal. Candidates may follow below mentioned steps to apply for NTSE Assam Scholarship.
- Step 1: Scroll down, go to Important Web-Links section .
- Step 2: Click on the “Online Application” and complete the registration process by clicking “Register Now”.
- Step 3: In the next stage, fill your all personal and educational details and upload necessary documents.
- Step 4: Pay the examination fee as per your category.
- Step 5: At the end, submit the form.
Important Dates of National Talent Search Examination (NTSE) Assam 2021:
- Starting date of submission of application form: 1st October 2021
- Last date of submission of application form: 30th October 2021
- Date of Examination: December 2021 or January 2022 (Tentative)
- Date of issue of E-admit Cards: To be updated later
Important Web-Links of NTSE Assam Scholarship:
- Online Application : Click Here
- Official Notification : Click Here
- Declaration Form : Click Here
- Official Website : Click Here