Table of Contents
- 1 Notification
- 2 Agnipath Recruitment 2022
- 3 Agnipath Recruitment Details
- 3.1 Eligibility Criteria of Agnipath Recruitment:
- 3.2 Indian Army Agnipath Recruitment:
- 3.3 Indian Air Force Agnipath Recruitment:
- 3.4 Indian Navy Agnipath Recruitment:
- 3.5 Scale of Pay Agnipath Recruitment:
- 3.6 How to Apply for Agnipath Jobs?
- 3.7 Important Dates of Agnipath Vacancy 2022:
- 3.8 Important Web-Links of Agnipath Agniveer Recruitment:
- 3.9 Pros and Cons of Agneepath Scheme:
- 3.10 FAQs of Agnipath Recruitment:
Agnipath Recruitment 2022
Agnipath Jobs: Agnipath Scheme or Agneepath Scheme is a newly introduced scheme of the Government of India for the recruitment of soldiers below the rank of commissioned officers into the three services of the armed forces. This scheme has been introduced on 14th June 2022.
The Agnipath Scheme will now be the only way for recruitment into the armed forces. Personnel recruited under this system are to be called Agniveers, which will be a new military rank. The scheme is scheduled to be implemented from September 2022. The Agniveers will serve for a tenure of 4 years that includes training for six months followed by 3.5 years deployment.
Agnipath Recruitment Details
- ◉ Name of scheme: Agnipath Scheme
- ◉ Name of post: Agniveer
- ◉ Number of Vacancy: 46,000 posts (Tentative)
- ◉ Duration of service: 4 Years
- ◉ Name of department: Indian Army, Indian Navy & Indian Air Force
- ◉ Name of ministry: Ministry of Defence, India
- ◉ Date of launch of the scheme: 14th June 2022
- ◉ Job location: All India
- ◉ Mode of application: Online
- ◉ Starting date of submission of application: 24th July 2022
- ◉ Application fee: ₹ 250/-
Eligibility Criteria of Agnipath Recruitment:
- ◉ Every year, the Indian government is going to recruit 45,000 to 50,000 personnel through this scheme. In September 2022 alone, 46,000 youngsters were planned to be recruited through the scheme.
- ◉ Department-wise / Area of Service-wise eligibility criteria is as mentioned below.
Indian Army Agnipath Recruitment:
1. Agniveer (General Duty)
- ◉ Educational Qualification: Passed in class 10th examination with 45% marks in aggregate and 33% in each subject.
2. Agniveer (Technical)/ Agniveer (Technical) (Aviation & Ammunition Examiner)
- ◉ Educational Qualification: Passed in class 12th examination in Science stream with Physics, Chemistry, Maths and English with minimum 50% marks in aggregate and 40% in each subject.
3. Agniveer Clerk/ Store Keeper (Technical)
- ◉ Educational Qualification: Passed in class 12th examination in any stream with 60% marks in aggregate and minimum 50% in each subject. English and Maths/ Accounts/ Book Keeping in Class XII is mandatory.
4. Agniveer Tradesmen 10th Pass
- ◉ Educational Qualification: Passed in class 10th examination with minimum 33% marks in each subject.
5. Agniveer Tradesmen 8th Pass
- ◉ Educational Qualification: Passed in class 8th examination with minimum 33% marks in each subject.
- ◉ Candidates age should not be less than 17 years 6 months and not more than 23 years.
- ◉ The one-time upper age limit has been increased from 21 years to 23 years for the recruitment year 2022-23.
Indian Air Force Agnipath Recruitment:
Name of post:
- ◉ Agniveer Vayu
Number of Vacancy:
- ◉ To be updated later
Name of batch:
- ◉ AGNIVEER VAYU INTAKE 01/2022
- ◉ Candidates born between 29th December 1999 and 29th June 2005 (both days inclusive) are eligible to apply for Agniveer Vayu posts. In case, a candidate clears all the stages of the Selection Procedure, then the upper age limit as on date of enrollment is 23 years.
- ➢ Science Subjects: Candidates should have passed Intermediate/ 10+2/ Equivalent examination with Mathematics, Physics and English from an Education Board listed as COBSE member with minimum 50% marks in aggregate and 50% marks in English.
- ◉ Passed Three years Diploma Course in Engineering (Mechanical/ Electrical/ Electronics/ Automobile/ Computer Science/ Instrumentation Technology/ Information Technology) from a Government recognized Polytechnic institute with 50% marks in aggregate and 50% marks in English in diploma course (or in Intermediate/Matriculation, if English is not a subject in Diploma Course).
- ◉ Passed Two years Vocational Course with non-vocational subject viz. Physics and Maths from State Education Boards/Councils which are listed in COBSE with 50% marks in aggregate and 50% marks in English in vocational course (or in Intermediate/ Matriculation, if English is not a subject in Vocational Course).
- ➢ Other Than Science Subjects: Candidates should have passed Intermediate/ 10+2/ Equivalent examination in any subject approved by Central/ State Education Boards listed as COBSE member with minimum 50% marks in aggregate and 50% marks in English.
- ◉ Passed two years vocational course from Education Boards listed as COBSE member with minimum 50% marks in aggregate and 50% marks in English in vocational course or in Intermediate/Matriculation if English is not a subject in Vocational Course.
Mandatory Medical Standards:
➢ General Medical Standards for Agniveer Vayu are as follows:-
- ◉ Height: Minimum acceptable height is 152.5 cms
- ◉ Chest: Minimum range of expansion: 5 cm
- ◉ Weight: Proportionate to height and age.
- ◉ Corneal Surgery (PRK/ LASIK) is not acceptable. Visual requirements as applicable as per Indian Air Force standards.
- ◉ Hearing: Candidate should have normal hearing i.e. able to hear forced whisper from a distance of 6 meters with each ear separately.
- ◉ Dental: Should have healthy gums, good set of teeth and minimum 14 dental points.
- ◉ General Health: Candidate should be of normal anatomy without loss of any appendages. He should be free from any active or latent, acute or chronic, medical or surgical disability or infection and skin ailments. Candidate shall be physically and mentally FIT to perform duty in any part of the world, in any climate and terrain.
➢ More details about medical standard requirements can be viewed in official notification.
- ◉ Examination fee of ₹ 250/- is to be paid by the candidate while registering for the online examination. The payment can be made by using Debit Cards/ Credit Cards/ Internet Banking through payment gateway. The examination fee can also be paid by Challan payment at any Axis Bank Branch.
1. Agniveer (SSR)
- ◉ Educational Qualification: Candidates should have passed in 10+2 examination with Maths & Physics and atleast one of these subjects: – Chemistry/Biology/Computer Science from the Boards of School Education recognised by Ministry of Education, Govt. of India.
2. Agniveer (MR)
- ◉ Educational Qualification: Candidates should have passed Matriculation Examination from the Boards of School Education recognized by Ministry of Education, Govt. of India.
- ◉ Candidates age should not be less than 17 years 6 months and not more than 23 years.
Scale of Pay Agnipath Recruitment:
- ◉ Individuals enrolled under Agnipath Scheme will be paid an Agniveer package of ₹ 30,000/- per month with a fixed yearly increment. In addition, Risk and Hardship, Dress and Travel allowances will be paid.
- ◉ On completion of the engagement period of four years, Agniveers will be eligible to receive ‘Seva Nidhi’ package, which shall comprise their contribution (into the Agniveer Corpus Fund) and matching contribution from the Government and interest on the accumulated amount.
|Year||Customized Package||In Hand (70%)|
|1st Year||₹ 30,000/-||₹ 21,000/-|
|2nd Year||₹ 33,000/-||₹ 23,100/-|
|3rd Year||₹ 36,500/-||₹ 25,580/-|
|4th Year||₹ 40,000/-||₹ 28,000/-|
|Exit after 4 year||₹ 10.04 lakhs plus accrued interest||₹ 10.04 lakhs plus accrued interest|
|Life Insurance Cover||₹ 48 lakhs||₹ 48 lakhs|
How to Apply for Agnipath Jobs?
- ◉ The application mode for Agnipath Recruitment is online. Interested and eligible candidates must apply online here. Already Army and Air Force released the details recruitment scheme. As per the latest new notification by Army, the online registration will start from July 2022.
- ◉ Candidates are advised to visit this section for latest updates regarding Agnipath Recruitment scheme application process.
Important Dates of Agnipath Vacancy 2022:
- ◉ Starting date of submission of online application: 24th June 2022 from 10 AM
- ◉ Last date of submission of online application: 5th July 2022 till 5 PM
Important Web-Links of Agnipath Agniveer Recruitment:
|Online Application (Air Force)||Click Here|
|Online Application (Army)||Coming Soon|
|Online Application (Navy)||Coming Soon|
|Army Agnipath Notification||Click Here|
|Air Force Agnipath Notification||Click Here|
|Navy Agnipath Notification||Coming Soon|
|Navy Agnipath Notification||Click Here|
|Official Website||Click Here|
For more correct information read the official notification carefully before apply.
Pros and Cons of Agneepath Scheme:
➢ As usual like any other policy, the Agneepath Scheme is too having a lot of pros and cons. A few of them is being shortlisted here.
- A fundamental change in the military’s recruitment practices.
- A special chance for young people to help the nation and contribute to nation building.
- Young and active persona for the armed forces.
- Excellent financial deal for the Agniveers.
- Agniveers have the chance to receive training from the greatest universities and improve their abilities and credentials.
- Availability of well disciplined and skilled youth with military ethos in civil society that can be utilized during crucial time.
- Adequate re-employment opportunities including in BSF, CAPF, etc for those returning to society and who could emerge as role models for the youth.
- No pilot scheme to evaluate the plan beforehand.
- No pension benefits and lifelong medical benefits like their predecessor.
- It will weaken military culture, professionalism, and combat spirit.
- 7-8 years are needed to prepare a soldier for combat.
- Agniveers will be cautious and most of them will be seeking for a second job.
- May result in the militarization of society and the annual unemployment of 35,000 adolescents with war experience.
FAQs of Agnipath Recruitment:
Q. What is Agnipath scheme ?
- ◉ Agnipath Scheme or Agneepath Scheme is a newly introduced scheme of the Government of India for the recruitment of soldiers below the rank of commissioned officers into the three services of the armed forces. This scheme has been introduced on 14th June 2022.
Q. What is the starting date to apply online for Agnipath Recruitment 2022?
- ◉ The online application dates of Agnipath Recruitment 2022 has not been released yet.
Q. What is age limit of Agnipath Scheme Recruitment?
- ◉ Candidates age should not be less than 17 years 6 months and not more than 23 years for Agnipath Scheme Recruitment 2022.
Q. How many posts are vacant for the year 2022- 2023 under Agnipath scheme ?
- ◉ Approximately, 46000 posts will be recruited in the year 2022 under Agnipath scheme .