Assam Police Recruitment 2021
Jobs in Assam Police: Assam Police 2021 has recently invited application for the Vacancy of 705 Constable (UB) and 1429 Constable (AB) posts in Assam Police. For this purpose recruitment rallies will be held in various districts of Assam. The online application will start from 10th December 2021. Interested and eligible candidates can apply through online mode. https://www.slprbassam.in.
Last Date: 09/01/2022.
Assam Police Constable Recruitment 2021
Name of the post:
Number of Vacancy:
- Constable (UB): 705
- Constable (AB): 1429
- Pay Scale of Rs. 14000-49000/-, with Grade pay of Rs 5600.00 (Pay Band-II)
➢ Reservation for each Armed and Unarmed branch is as mentioned below Unarmed Branch
- There will be reservation for ST (P) 10%, ST(H) 5%, SC 7%, & OBC/MOBC 27%.
- Thirty percent (30%) of the vacancies will be (horizontal) reserved for women candidates in Unarmed Branch of DEF.
- Ten percent for EWS category.
Eligibility Criteria of Assam Police Constable Recruitment:
- Candidates must be Indian citizens, permanent resident of Assam.
- Candidate’s age must be between 18 to 25 years as on 1st July 2021 (i.e. the candidate must be born on or before 01.07.2003 and on or after 01.07.1996).
➢ Category-wise upper age limit relaxation is as mentioned below –
- SC/ST(H)/ST (P): 5 (five) years
- OBC/ MOBC: 3 (three) years
- Home Guards/ Members of VDPs: 3 (three) years
- FMMOs/SPOs: 10 (ten) years
- Constable (UB): H.S. or Class XII passed from a recognized Board or Council for the post of Constable, Unarmed Branch.
- Constable (AB): H.S.L.C or Class-X passed from a recognized Board or Council for the post of constable of Armed Branch.
- Candidates having educational qualification Higher Secondary and above may also apply for both Armed Branch & Unarmed Branch. In such case, in the online application form, the applicant will have to clearly mention his/her preference for the posts of Unarmed Branch & Armed Branch.
- However, the final decision regarding allotment of successful candidates will lie with the Chairman, SLPRB, Assam.
➢ Candidates applying for constable vacancy under Assam Police must fulfill following physical standards.
|Category||Male & Trans.||Female|
|General||162.56 cm||154.94 cm|
|OBC/MOBC||162.56 cm||154.94 cm|
|Schedule Caste (SC)||162.56 cm||154.94 cm|
|Schedule Tribes (ST)||160.02 cm||152.40 cm|
Chest (Only for Men)
|General||80 cm||85 cm|
|OBC/MOBC||80 cm||85 cm|
|Schedule Caste (SC)||80 cm||85 cm|
|Schedule Tribes (ST)||78 cm||83 cm|
How to Apply for Assam Police Constable Recruitment?
➢ Interested and eligible candidates may apply online for these vacancy by visiting official SLPRB Recruitment Portal. Candidates may follow below mentioned steps to apply online.
- Step 1: Scroll down, go to Important Web-Links section .
- Step 2: Click on the “Online Application” and complete the registration process by clicking “New Registration”.
- Step 3: In the next stage, click on “Online Application” Link and Login.
- Step 4: Fill your all personal and educational details and upload necessary documents.
- Step 5: At the end, submit the form.
- Step 6: Don’t forget to take a print out of the application form .
Document to Upload with Online Form:
➢ Candidates need to upload following documents (as applicable) along with online application form –
- I) Passed certificate & Mark sheet of HSLC / HSSLC examination as applicable.
- II) Admit card of HSLC or equivalent examination for proof of Age.
- III) Employment Exchange registration number.
- IV) Home Guard training and minimum 3 years experience certificate.
- V) Certificate of registered VDP member and minimum 3 years working experience.
- VI) Caste Certificate from the Competent Authority.
- VII) Permanent Residential Certificate.
- VIII) Certificate of NCC from Competent Authority, if any.
- IX) Appointment certificate as SPO issued by the Superintendent of Police, if any.
- X) Certificate of F.M.M.O. issued by Special Branch, Hqrs. of Assam Police, Kahilipara, Guwahati, if any.
- XI) Basic & Advanced Home Guard training and experienced certificate.
- XII) Certificate for working as member of V.D.P. issued by the Superintendent of Police, if any.
- XIII) Transgender Certificate issued by Competent Authority, if any.
- XIV) EWS certificate from Competent Authority, if any.
- XV) Passport Size Photograph.
- XVI) Signature .
Important Dates of Assam Police Recruitment 2021:
- Starting date of submission of online application: 10th December 2021, 5 PM
- Last date of submission of online application: 9th January 2022
Important Web-Links of Assam Police Constable Vacancy:
- Online Application : Click Here
- View official Advertisement : Click Here
- Official Website : Click Here
Selection Process of Assam Police Recruitment:
➢ The selection process for recruitment of Assam Police Constable (AB/ UB) consists of following three stages:
Physical Standard Test:
- Measurement of the height, weight & chest (only male & transgender) of the candidates will be done using latest technology and after which the candidate will be examined by a Medical Officer for preliminary check-ups like knock knee, vision test, colour blindness test, flat foot, varicose vein, physical deformities etc.
- It will carry no marks.
- Once a candidate clears the PST he/she will have to appear in the PET (Physical Efficiency Test).
Physical Efficiency Test:
- Female Candidates: 40 marks
- Male Candidates: 60 marks
- (A) Race: Those who qualify in the PST will be subjected to 3200 mtrs. race to be completed within 14 minutes (840 seconds).
- (B) Long Jump: Minimum 335 cm for long jump (3 chances to be given and the longest valid jump rounded off to the nearest cm will be considered for awarding marks)
- (A) Race: Those who qualify in the PST will be subjected to 1600 mtrs. race to be completed within 8 minutes (480 seconds).
- (B) Long Jump: Minimum 244 cm for long jump (3 chances to be given and the longest valid jump rounded off to the nearest cm will be considered for awarding marks).
- Written test will consist of 45 multiple choice type questions to be answered on an OMR answer sheet. # For each correct answer the candidate will get one mark.
- Total marks for the Written Test will be 45.
- There will be no negative marking.
- The question paper for Written Exam will be in the following languages: Assamese/ Bodo/ Bengali/ English.
- Duration of the Written Test will be 90 Minutes.
Syllabus of written test:
- I. Elementary Arithmetic
- II. General English
- III. Logical reasoning/Mental ability
- IV. Assam’s History, Geography, Polity, Economy
- V. General Awareness/General Knowledge and current affairs
Final Merit List:
- The final merit list will be prepared on the basis of performance of the candidates in PST/ PET, Extra-Curricular Activities and Special Skills, Viva-voce and written test.
District Wise Constable Vacancy List:
- Following is the tentative district wise allocation of vacancies on Population Ratio as per Census of 2011 which excludes 10% posts reserved for Militancy affected areas & 2% reserved posts for Home Guards, VDPs, SPOs, Sports Persons & FMMOs each.
Constable (AB) :
|Name of District||No of posts|
|West Karbi Anglong||11|
|Total No of posts (AB)||1146|
|Name of District||No of posts|
|West Karbi Anglong||6|
|Total No of posts (UB)||565|
For more correct information read the official notification carefully before apply.