Mission Bhumiputra is an another path breaking initiative of Government of Assam to carry forward the government’s mission of easy public service to the common people. Under this initiative, government will issue caste certificates to students through digital means and the manual system of issuing caste certificates stopped. Now onwards, students may submit online applications for Scheduled Caste Certificate, Scheduled Tribe (Hills) Certificate, Scheduled Tribe (Plains) Certificate and OBC/MOBC Certificate through Mission Bhumiputra portal.
Chief Minister Dr. Himanta Biswa Sarma has launched this mission on 1st August 2022 under the Department of Welfare of Plain Tribes and Backward Classes.
Mission Bhumiputra Details
|Name of mission||Mission Bhumiputra|
|Name of portal||Mission Bhumiputra Portal|
|Purpose of mission||Online applications can be submitted for–|
☛ Scheduled Caste Certificate
☛ Scheduled Tribe (Hills) Certificate
☛ Scheduled Tribe (Plains) Certificate
☛ OBC/MOBC Certificate.
|Name of department||Department of Welfare of Plain Tribes and Backward Classes.|
|Name of organization||Government of Assam|
|Date of launch||1st August 2022|
|Venue of launch||Srimanta Sankardev Kalakshetra, Guwahati|
|Launched by||Dr. Himanta Biswa Sarma|
|Application fee||₹ 30/-|
|Helplines||To be updated later.|
Eligibility Criteria of Mission Bhumiputra:
- ◉ Nationality: Applicant must be an Indian citizen as per the constitution of India.
- ◉ Domicile: Applicant must be a permanent resident of Assam.
- ◉ Caste: Applicants must belong to anyone of the following category of Assam – SC, ST or OBC/ MOBC.
Components of Mission Bhumiputra:
➢ Followings are the major Components of Mission Bhumiputra.
- ◉ A single application form will be used for all castes to ensure a uniform & simplified procedure for issuing caste certificates.
Transparent, Digital & Fast Application Process:
- ◉ The certificates will be available in the Digi locker under the IT Act with digitally signed by the respective Deputy Commissioners.
- ◉ If father’s caste certificate is enclosed & found genuine, certificate will be issued instantly .
- ◉ However, if any enquiry is required, it must be completed within 30 days and extendable by another 15 days in exceptional cases with due justification.
- ◉ Details of all certificates issued will be available for public view .
➢ Special drive is to be started for issue of caste certificates.
- ◉ Will cover students of Class IX-XII in initial years .
- ◉ Deputy Commissioners will give the format of applications for caste certificates to the Headmasters of educational institutions .
- ◉ The issued certificates will be distributed through principals/headmasters .
How to Apply for Assam Caste Certificate?
➢ Applicants belong to the above mentioned caste and willing to get their caste certificate must visit the official web portal of Mission Bhumiputra to submit the application. They can follow the below mentioned steps to complete their caste certificate application process.
- ◉ Step 1: Scroll down, check Important Web-Links section below.
- ◉ Step 2: Click on Mission Bhumiputra Online Application Link.
- ◉ Step 3: Now you have to Register by clicking on the New Account option.
- ◉ Step 4: After successful registration, Login using your Username and Password.
- ◉ Step 5: After successful login, you will have to click on New Application option.
- ◉ Step 6: Fill up the application form with all required information carefully.
- ◉ Step 7: After that, you have to upload the scanned copy of your documents.
- ◉ Step 8: Finally, you will get the option to submit your application.
- ◉ Step 9: After successful submission, you will get an acknowledgment copy – save the same for future reference.
Documents to be Uploaded with Mission Bhumiputra Form:
➢ Candidates must upload the scanned copies of the following documents.
- Applicant’s Photo
- Proof of Date of Birth (One of Birth Certificate/ Aadhaar Card/ PAN/ Admit Card issued by any recognized Board of Applicant
- Proof of Residence (One of Permanent Resident Certificate/ Aadhaar Card/ EPIC/ Land Document/ Electricity Bill/ Ration Card of Applicant or Parent)
- Caste Certificate of Father OR Recommendation of authorize caste/ tribe/ community organization notified by State Govt.
- Any other document (Voter List, Affidavit, Existing Caste Certificate, etc.)
- Scanned Copy of the Application Form.
Important Web-Links of Mission Bhumiputra:
- ◉ Mission Bhumiputra Online Application : Click Here
- ◉ Mission Bhumiputra Official Video : Click Here
- ◉ Manual Application Form : Click Here
- ◉ Official Website : Click Here
FAQs of Mission Bhumiputra:
Q. What is Mission Bhumiputra?
- ◉ Mission Bhumiputra is an initiative by Government of Assam to issue caste certificates to students through digital means.
Q. What is the launch date of Mission Bhumiputra?
- ◉ The launch date of Mission Bhumiputra is 1st August 2022.
Q. Who launched Mission Bhumiputra?
- ◉ Mission Bhumiputra has been launched by Chief Minister of Assam Dr. Himanta Biswa Sarma.
Q. What kind of certificates can be applied for through Mission Bhumiputra?
- ◉ Applicants can apply for Scheduled Caste Certificate, Scheduled Tribe (Hills) Certificate, Scheduled Tribe (Plains) Certificate and OBC/MOBC Certificate through Mission Bhumiputra.