NTA UGC NET Exam 2022
National Testing Agency (NTA) 2022 has recently released the official notification of NTA UGC NET 2022 for ‘Assistant Professor’ and ‘Junior Research Fellowship & Assistant Professor’ both for Dec 2021 & June 2022. Candidates who fulfill the below mentioned eligibility criteria may read this article and apply online for these vacancy.
The NTA has been entrusted by the University Grants Commission (UGC) with the task of conducting UGC-NET, which is a test to determine the eligibility of Indian nationals for ‘Assistant Professor’ and ‘Junior Research Fellowship and Assistant Professor’ in Indian universities and colleges.
NTA UGC NET Exam Details
Name of exam:
- ◉ NTA UGC NET Dec 2021 & June 2022
Exam conducting body:
- ◉ National Testing Agency (NTA)
- ◉ National
- ◉ CBT (Online )
- ◉ 180 minutes
Date of exam:
- ◉ To be announced later
- ◉ https://ugcnet.nta.nic.in
Eligibility Criteria of NTA UGC NET Exam:
- ◉ JRF: Not more than 31 years as on 01.06.2022 (June 1, 2022). (This age limit is applicable for the current examination only). A relaxation of upto 5 years is provided to the candidates belonging to OBC-NCL/SC/ST/PwD/Third gender categories and to women applicants.
- ◉ Assistant Professor: There is no upper age limit in applying for UGC-NET for Assistant Professor.
- ◉ General/ Unreserved/ General-EWS candidates who have secured at least 55% marks (without rounding off) in Master’s Degree or equivalent examination from universities/institutions recognized by UGC (available on the website: www.ugc.ac.in in Humanities and Social Science (including languages), Computer Science and Applications, Electronic Science etc. are eligible for this Test.
- ◉ Candidates who are pursuing their Master’s degree or equivalent course or candidates who have appeared for their qualifying Master’s degree (final year) examination and whose result is still awaited or candidates whose qualifying examinations have been delayed may also apply for this test. However, such candidates will be admitted provisionally and shall be considered eligible for award of JRF/eligibility for Assistant Professor only after they have passed their Master’s Degree or equivalent examination with at least 55% marks (50% marks in case of OBC-NCL / SC / ST / PwD / Third gender category candidates). Such candidates must complete their Master’s degree or equivalent examination within two years from the date of NET result with required percentage of marks, failing which they shall be treated as disqualified.
Application Fee of NTA UGC NET:
- ◉ General/ Unreserved: ₹ 1100/-
- ◉ Other Backward Classes (OBC) – (NCL)/ Economically Weaker Section (EWS): ₹ 550/-
- ◉ SC/ ST/ PwD/ Transgender: ₹ 275/-
- ◉ Payment Mode: Debit Card/ Credit Card/ Net Banking/ E-Challan (SBI/ HDFC/ Syndicate/ ICICI Payment Gateway)
How to Apply for NTA UGC NET?
➢ Interested and eligible candidates may apply for this exam through online mode by visiting official portal of National Testing Agency (NTA). Candidates may follow below mentioned steps to apply for NTA UGC NET June Notification 2021.
- ◉ Step 1: Scroll down, go to Important Web-Links section .
- ◉ Step 2: Click on the “Online Application” .
- ◉ Step 3: Fill your all personal and educational details and upload necessary documents.
- ◉ Step 4: Make payment of application fee as per your category and submit the form.
- ◉ Step 5: At the end, take a print out of the application form .
Important Dates of NTA UGC NET Exam 2022:
- ◉ Starting date of online application submission: 30-04-2022
- ◉ Last date of online application submission: 20-05-2022
- ◉ Last date of successful transaction of Examination fee: 20-05-2022 (upto 11:50 pm)
- ◉ Correction in Particulars of Application Form on Online only: 21 to 23-05-2022
- ◉ Downloading of CSIR UGC NET Admit Cards: To be Announced later Through Website
- ◉ Date of CSIR UGC NET Examination: To be Announced later Through Website