Assam University, Silchar Recruitment 2021
Jobs in Assam University: Assam University, Silchar 2021 has recently invited application for the Vacancy of 5 Guest Faculty posts on purely temporary basis in the Department of Law. Interested and Eligible candidates may appear in walk-in-interview as per the schedule given below.
Walk-in-Interview Date: 10/09/2021.
Assam University Silchar Recruitment 2021
Name of the post:
- Guest Faculty
Number of Vacancy:
Subject wise vacancy:
- Law : 4 [UR : 2, PWD : 1, SC : 1]
- Economics : 1 [ EWS : 1]
- Rs. 1500/- per lecture with a ceiling of Rs. 50, 000/- per month.
Eligibility Criteria of Assam University Recruitment:
Essential (A or B):
➢ A. i) A Master’s degree with 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point-scale wherever the grading system is followed) in a concerned/relevant/allied subject from an Indian University, or an equivalent degree from an accredited foreign university.
➢ II) Besides fulfilling the above qualifications, the candidate must have cleared the National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by the UGC or the CSIR, or a similar test accredited by the UGC, like SLET/SET or who are or have been awarded a Ph.D. Degree in accordance with the University Grants Commission (Minimum Standards and Procedure for Award of M.Phil./Ph.D. Degree) Regulations, 2009 or 2016 and their amendments from time to time as the case may be exempted from NET/SLET/SET : Provided, the candidates registered for the Ph.D. programme prior to July 11, 2009, shall be governed by the provisions of the then existing Ordinances/Bye-laws/Regulations of the Institution awarding the degree and such Ph.D. candidates shall be exempted from the requirement of NET/ SLET/ SET for recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professor or equivalent positions in Universities/Colleges/ Institutions subject to the fulfillment of the following conditions:-
- a) The Ph.D. degree of the candidate has been awarded in a regular mode;
- b) The Ph.D. thesis has been evaluated by at least two external examiners;
- c) An open Ph.D. viva voce of the candidate has been conducted;
- d) The Candidate has published two research papers from his/her Ph.D. work, out of which at least one is in a refereed journal;
- e) The candidate has presented at least two papers based on his/her Ph.D work in conferences/seminars sponsored/funded/supported by the UGC / ICSSR/ CSIR or any similar agency. The fulfilment of these conditions is to be certified by the Registrar or the Dean (Academic Affairs) of the University concerned.
- NET/SLET/SET shall also not be required for such Masters Programmes in disciplines for which NET/ SLET/ SET is not conducted by the UGC, CSIR or similar test accredited by the UGC, like SLET/SET.
➢ B. The Ph.D degree has been obtained from a foreign university/institution with a ranking among top 500 in the World University Ranking (at any time) by any one of the following: (i) Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) (ii) the Times Higher Education (THE) or (iii) the Academic Ranking of World Universities (ARWU) of the Shanghai Jiao Tong University (Shanghai).
- The Academic score as specified in Appendix II (Table 3A) for Universities, and Appendix II (Table 3B) for Colleges, shall be considered for short-listing of the candidates for interview only, and the selections shall be based only on the performance in the interview.
How to apply for Assam University Silchar Recruitment?
- Eligible Candidates may submit the dully filled in prescribed application form along with all supporting documents to the email id- firstname.lastname@example.org before 10th September 2021.
- An online interview will be held on 10-09-2021 at 11:00 am. Concerned Head of the Department shall intimate the link for online walk-in-interview to the eligible candidates.
Important Web-Links of Assam University Recruitment:
For more correct information read the official notification carefully before apply.