IHMCTAN Guwahati Admission 2021
Directorate of Tourism, Govt. of Assam has released the official admission notification for admission into 3 years Bachelor of Science (B.Sc) programme in Hospitality and Hotel Administration in the Institute of Hotel Management Catering Technology & Applied Nutrition (IHMCTAN), Guwahati for the session 2021-22. Interested and eligible candidates who want to pursue their career in hospitality sector, may apply here for IHM Guwahati 3 year degree course.
IHMCTAN Guwahati Admission Details
Name of course:
- Bachelor of Science (B.Sc) programme in Hospitality and Hotel Administration
Name of institute:
- Institute of Hotel Management Catering Technology & Applied Nutrition, Guwahati
Name of university:
- Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU)
Number of seats:
Category-wise seat distribution:
- SC: 2
- ST: 1
- OBC: 4
- EWS: 2
- Gen: 8
- 3 years
Eligibility Criteria of IHM Guwahati Admission:
➢ Candidates must fulfill following criteria to get admission in IHMCTAN 3 year Bachelor Degree course-
- The maximum age of the candidates for GEN category is 25 years and 28 years in case of SC/ST candidates as on 1st duly, 2019.
- Candidates must have passed 10+2 or equivalent examination from CBSE, ICSE, State Boards of Examination of any year with English as one of the Compulsory Subjects.
About the Course:
- The Bachelor of Science programme in Hospitality and Hotel Administration is offered by the National Council and the Indira Gandhi National Open University.
- The Three – Year Programme equips trainees with the required skills, knowledge and attitude to efficiently discharge supervisory responsibilities in the hospitality sector. The Bachelor of Science programme comprise in-depth laboratory work for students to acquire the required knowledge and skill standards in the operational areas of Food Production, Food and Beverage Service, Front Office Operation and House Keeping.
- It also imparts substantial managerial inputs in subject such as Sales and Marketing, Financial Management, Human Resource Management, Hotel and Catering Law, Property Management, Entrepreneurship Development and other related subjects.
Selection Process for IHMCTAN Guwahati Admission:
- Candidates will be selected through an oral test .
- Candidates will have to appear for an oral test on 6th, 7th and 9th September, 2020 at 10.00 AM along with all original Testimonials and certificates.
- The venue of the oral test will be in the office of the Directorate of Tourism, Assam, Station Road (Near Reserve Bank of India), Guwahati-1.
How to Apply for IHMCTAN Guwahati Admission?
- Application duly filled in with block letter should reach the office of the Directorate of Tourism, Assam, Station Road, Guwahati-781001 positively by 20th August, 2021 upto 3.00 PM along with recent passport size photograph, copy of Permanent Resident Certificate (PRC) and other testimonials duly self-attested as per the prescribed format mentioned below.
➢ Biodata Format must include the following basic points –
- Name of the candidate (in block letters)
- Father’s Name/Guardians name with complete permanent address.
- Exact age as on 1.07.2021 (age certificate to be enclosed).
- Date of Birth according to H.S.LC. or equivalent certificate.
- Whether SC/ST/OBC (if yes caste certificate should be enclosed).
- Qualification/Examination passed with Division/Class with percentage obtained.
- Name of Board/University under which qualifying examination was held.
- EWS Certificate (if applicable)
- Permanent Resident Certificate
- Other qualification if any.
- Contact No. (Mandatory).
Important Dates of IHMCTAN Guwahati Admission 2021:
- Date of release of admission notification: 30/07/2021
- Last date of submission of application: 20/08/2021, 3 PM .